- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Birth Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Childhood Sexual Assault
- Insurance Law
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Product Liability
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Nina Shapirshteyn has devoted her career to fighting for victims who have suffered serious injuries due to the negligence of others. She litigates wrongful death, product liability, motor vehicle, and insurance bad faith cases against powerful corporations, insurance companies, and individual defendants. Ms. Shapirshteyn's representation has resulted in numerous multimillion dollar recoveries for her clients with traumatic brain injuries and other catastrophic injuries.
In recognition of her achievements, Ms. Shapirshteyn was honored as a Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star, in 2013 and 2014 an honor limited to only 2.5 percent of the attorneys under the age of 40. In 2015 and 2016 she was selected as a Northern California Super Lawyer which is only given to the top 5% of all lawyers in California.
She was selected as a Trial Lawyer of the Year by the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association for her work as lead counsel in the Kuhlmann v Ethicon-Endo Surgery, LLC, Johnson & Johnson Health Care Services, et al. in which a jury awarded $79.8 million making this the largest verdict in the State of California in 2015 as well as 18th in the nation.
Ms. Shapirshteyn is admitted to practice in California and New York.
Nina Shapirshteyn is a partner in the Alexander Law Group. She was born in Ukraine and speaks Russian fluently.
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York
- Honors: cum laude
- University of California at San Diego
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Major: Management Science with Honors
- Minor: Regional Specialization in Soviet Studies
- New York
- Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Selected, Northern California Super Lawyer
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- CASA, 2008
- California Young Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Western Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
Current Employment Position
- NYSE, 2007 to 2007
- Securities Arbitration Clinic, 2006 to 2007
- Andrews Kurth LLP, Associate, 2006 to 2007